In an effort to help promote sustainable adventure travel around the world, I’ve joined forces with a group of very influential travel professionals.
The more I travel, the more I learn how important it is to do so in an environmentally responsible way. Our Earth is fragile, and travel can often be a destructive activity.
But the reality is we are not going to stop traveling. So what does that mean?
These days it’s critical to stay aware of our impact on the environment as we travel. Some of my most memorable experiences have been while visiting new landscapes, people, and animals around the world.
But we need to minimize the damage we cause while engaging in these activities.
This is why EcoAdventure Media was created.
Eco-Friendly Travel Inspiration
Let me ask you a question. How do you plan your vacations these days? Do you read travel blogs like mine for inspiration or research? The latest data shows that’s exactly what’s happening.
- A Google study showed that over 80% of travelers use the internet for travel planning.
- A United Nations study found that 33% of US travelers trust travel blogs for advice.
EcoAdventure Media was established because there is power in numbers. It’s a strong collaboration between travel bloggers, journalists, photographers, and social media experts.
Our mission is to increase awareness of sustainable adventure travel options and promote eco-tourism by working together with companies and destinations that have those same goals.
We want to inspire our readers to travel in an environmentally responsible way.
Meet the Team!
Our organization is made up of 13 different travel blogs that focus on a wide variety of topics. Together we cover adventure travel, ecotourism, cultural experiences, outdoor recreation, nature/wildlife, family vacations, and more.
- Jim O’Donnell from Around the World in Eighty Years
- Mariellen Ward from Breathe Dream Go
- Mike McColl from Ethical Traveler
- Bret Love & Mary Gabbett from Green Global Travel
- Barbara Weibel from Hole In The Donut Cultural Travel
- Matt Gibson from Matt-Gibson.org
- Michael Turtle from Time Travel Turtle
- Cristina & Hal from Travel For Wildlife
- Ethan Gelber from The Travel Word
- Jen Miner from The Vacation Gals
- Jessie & Ed from Wandering Educators
- Caz & Craig from yTravel Blog
I’m very excited to be a part of this group, and look forward to collaborating on new projects to promote eco-friendly adventure travel.
It’s a big world out there, with a lot to see. We need to protect it as best we can so future generations can enjoy exploring it just as much as we do.